Student Property

If you rent out your property to a group of unrelated tenants it is not the same as renting a property out to a family or a young couple.

If you’re letting out property to students or professionals who aren’t related to one another, the property may be classed as a house in multiple occupation (HMO).

In this case, you’ll need to comply with additional regulations and may need a licence from your local council. Failing to follow these regulations could mean substantial fines.