Many tenants do not realise when renting a property that their personal contents are not covered by the Landlords insurance. It is important to obtain adequate insurance for your contents.

Contents insurance is important, even if something was an accident like a spill on the carpet, a Landlord may cliam this off your deposit. Contents insurance can cover so much, including if you lose your house keys, your items in your garage.

You do not need to get Buildings Insurance as the Landlord will already have this on the property. However, this does not cover any of the contents within the property.