FAQ Landlords

How do I know how much rent to charge

We will assess the potential rental value in current market conditions and recommend the type of tenant that would be most suitable for the property. There are a numbers of factors which need to be taken into consideration such as location, size and number of bedrooms. overall condition and current demand. Click here if you would like to book a FREE market appraisal.

What is an EPC and how long will it be valid?

An Energy Performance Certificate measures the energy efficiency of a property using a scale of A-G and is valid for 10 years.

It is a legal requirement for landlords to have a valid EPC before their property is let. 

Do I have to rent out my property unfurnished?

No, you can let out your property; fully furnished, partly furnished or unfurnished. However when deciding whether to provide furniture with a property or not consider the type of tenant you are targeting and what their needs are likely to be. It is also important to note the condition of the furniture provided in the inventory.

Do I need an Inventory?

Yes. This is an important document detailing the condition of your property at the start of the tenancy. It will be used at the end of the tenancy when considering the return of the deposit. We provide a comprehensive inventory service for landlords.

How long does it take to receive my rent once paid by the tenant?

We will transfer your rent to your account as soon as possible, up to a maximum of 2 working days.

What happens if the tenant does not pay?

As part of our service we endeavour to ensure that the rent is paid on time. Having carefully selected the tenant in the first place, there's unlikely to be a problem. However people's circumstances do sometimes change during a tenancy. We have strict rent control procedures in place to ensure that rental payments are made on time.

Do I need to tell my insurance company?

Yes - otherwise you may find your insurance is invalid. Standard household building Insurance is unlikely to be sufficient for Landlords.

What sort of Tenancy Agreement is used?

There are a number of different types of agreement that can be used depending on the circumstances of the tenants, the Landlord and indeed the property. In the majority of cases it will be what is called an Assured Shorthold Tenancy for a fixed period of 6 months.

All our Agreements are drawn up under licence and are fully compliant with current legislation.

Am I responsible for Utility bills?

Usually the tenants are responsible for all bills during the tenancy. There are some exceptions, such as when the property is let to students. You will be responsible for bills when there are no tenants in place. It is very important to make a note of the meter readings at the start and end of the tenancy, and to inform the Utility companies of the details of the tenants.